Natural body titles for twoNATURAL SUCCESS: manager Ivor Worrell (centre) showing off Barbados’ two medals with Jeffrey Gay Jr (left) and Patrick Harris. (Kenmore Bynoe)
Tue, November 20, 2012 - 12:00 AM
Paula Boyce and Patrick Harris were crowned champions at an international bodybuilding festival held earlier this month.
Barbados sent seven competitors to the World Natural Bodybuilding Federation Championships (pro) and the International Natural Bodybuilding Federation Championships (amateur) held November 9-10 at Trump Plaza, Atlantic City, New Jersey.
Boyce captured the title in the figure medium height, while Harris, a showman, put on a dazzling display to win the crown in the men’s bantamweight which earned him second place overall and an automatic pro card.
Thrilled that he now has the chance to earn some money from what he considers an enjoyable pastime, Harris said that he was considered “the star” at the show which saw ripping challenges from the United States, Britain, Switzerland, Italy, Austria and Canada.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Tony Waterman commented on Call for curbs on imports
- Tony Waterman commented on Crop theft suggestions with Cabinet
- Pan Wallie commented on Respect due
- Tony Waterman commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Wayne Webster commented on COZIER ON CRICKET: Challenge for Bravo, Powell