Nekitta nails it
By LINDON YARDE | Thu, December 27, 2012 - 12:09 AM
THE LEWIN GOODING-OWNED Nekitta justified her favourite tag by winning the Diamonds International/Crown Stakes & Trophy over 1 570 metres in the Barbados Turf Club’s Boxing Day Race Meet at the Garrison Savannah yesterday.
The daughter of Feet On Flames out of Black Bird made it a second successive victory as she strode to an effortless two-and-a-half-length victory over the other six contenders.
She was expertly ridden by title-chasing apprentice jockey Antonio Whitehall in the race for West Indian-bred two-year-olds.
Cavanak, ridden by ace Barbadian jockey Patrick Husbands, set the early fractions for High Tide and Koh-I-Noor with the Victor Cheeseman trainee settled in fourth.
At the quarter mark, Cavanak came under pressure as High Tide and Nekitta headed home. Once they straightened out, Nekitta, who has already won on a soft track, put her head in front and came out a very easy winner.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Adam Shaw commented on PM Stuart recovers in Canada
- Wayne Webster commented on Town Planner: It’s not our fault
- Sodi S commented on Fog’s ‘the cause’
- Tony Webster commented on THE ISSUE: IMF ‘help’ a given alternative
- Wayne Webster commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should we marry even though he hits me?