Fri, December 14, 2012 - 12:12 AM
Move over, IPL.
Franchise-based T20 cricket is coming to the Caribbean.
The best of the region will have another avenue to showcase their talents now that the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) has announced the launch of a professional, franchise-based Twenty20 league set to begin sometime next year.
According to a Press release issued by the WICB yesterday, the league comes as part of an arrangement with Barbados-based merchant bank Verus International, which will also provide funding for new retainer contracts for regional players. (JM)Please read the full story in today’s WEEKEND NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Free education’s potential gains now in jeopardy
- Jan Shak commented on Fatal slip
- Wayne Webster commented on His money is ‘in the sea’
- Orson Arthur commented on Samoa-bound
- Carl Harper commented on Fees ‘best option’