Fri, December 14, 2012 - 12:12 AM
Move over, IPL.
Franchise-based T20 cricket is coming to the Caribbean.
The best of the region will have another avenue to showcase their talents now that the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) has announced the launch of a professional, franchise-based Twenty20 league set to begin sometime next year.
According to a Press release issued by the WICB yesterday, the league comes as part of an arrangement with Barbados-based merchant bank Verus International, which will also provide funding for new retainer contracts for regional players. (JM)Please read the full story in today’s WEEKEND NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Lloyd Gulston commented on St Joseph folk cry out for water
- Bim Bum commented on 70 acres scorched
- Orson Arthur commented on Danger lurks in the bush
- Sodi S commented on Smaller turn-out, but Beach Party still thrills crowd
- Orson Arthur commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Jealousy made me break up marriage