New citizens take the oathNew citizens of Barbados. (Nigel Browne)
Wed, November 21, 2012 - 7:04 PM
Barbados has granted 320 individuals citizenship in a matter of months.
Today 200 people from 17 countries made a public declaration of their loyalty to the nation, by taking the oath which was administered by Chief Justice Marston Gibson, in the presence of Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave and Prime Minister Freundel Stuart at the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre.
In his address, Stuart commended the Immigration Department for significantly reducing the backlog of citizenship applications.
Full story in tomorrow's DAILY NATION
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on Raunchy beach party
- Robert Goode commented on Akela’s golden legacy
- Robert Goode commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Ann Lewis commented on I CONFESS: Cheating ways made me a lonely man
- Don Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past