New citizens take the oathNew citizens of Barbados. (Nigel Browne)
Wed, November 21, 2012 - 7:04 PM
Barbados has granted 320 individuals citizenship in a matter of months.
Today 200 people from 17 countries made a public declaration of their loyalty to the nation, by taking the oath which was administered by Chief Justice Marston Gibson, in the presence of Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave and Prime Minister Freundel Stuart at the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre.
In his address, Stuart commended the Immigration Department for significantly reducing the backlog of citizenship applications.
Full story in tomorrow's DAILY NATION
- Editor's Choice
- Marva Chase commented on Fake interpreter
- David Hall commented on Call to cut cost of travel in region
- David Hall commented on Cotton concern
- dirtyokra two point o commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell about my wife’s affair?
- Ann Lewis commented on FULL FEATURE: Barbadians ‘grudge’ icon