New citizens take the oathNew citizens of Barbados. (Nigel Browne)
Wed, November 21, 2012 - 7:04 PM
Barbados has granted 320 individuals citizenship in a matter of months.
Today 200 people from 17 countries made a public declaration of their loyalty to the nation, by taking the oath which was administered by Chief Justice Marston Gibson, in the presence of Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave and Prime Minister Freundel Stuart at the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre.
In his address, Stuart commended the Immigration Department for significantly reducing the backlog of citizenship applications.
Full story in tomorrow's DAILY NATION
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mr Psychotic commented on Foreplay giant, but still too small
- Larsen Parris commented on Fees ‘best option’
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Free education’s potential gains now in jeopardy
- Jan Shak commented on Fatal slip
- Wayne Webster commented on His money is ‘in the sea’