New citizens take the oathNew citizens of Barbados. (Nigel Browne)
Wed, November 21, 2012 - 7:04 PM
Barbados has granted 320 individuals citizenship in a matter of months.
Today 200 people from 17 countries made a public declaration of their loyalty to the nation, by taking the oath which was administered by Chief Justice Marston Gibson, in the presence of Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave and Prime Minister Freundel Stuart at the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre.
In his address, Stuart commended the Immigration Department for significantly reducing the backlog of citizenship applications.
Full story in tomorrow's DAILY NATION
- Editor's Choice
- 3 charged
- Does Ebola travel ban make sense?
- Sports unity call
- Fight against the mosquito
- Most Recent Comments
- Orson Arthur commented on Governor expects growth next year
- Adam Shaw commented on Upgrade upsets taximen
- Orson Arthur commented on $174.6m still left
- Wayne Webster commented on WICB: Let’s talk
- daneale o'neale commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell lover about old affair?