New GG for St Kitts-NevisSir Edmund Lawrence
Wed, December 26, 2012 - 11:56 AM
BASSETERRE, St. Kitts - Governor General Dr. Sir Cuthbert Montraville Sebastian is retiring after 17 years in office.
Prime Minister Dr Denzil Douglas said Sir Edmund Lawrence, who is now the managing director of the St. Kitts-Nevis-Anguilla National Bank, will replace Sir Cuthbert from January 2, next year.
“On behalf of the government and people of our Federation, I extend this expression of heartfelt gratitude to Sir Cuthbert who, from the earliest days of this administration, has delivered the very highest standards of service to the state.
“Sir Cuthbert, as we all know, had built an illustrious career as a medical doctor prior to assuming the role of Governor General on January 1, 1996, and we thank him most sincerely for his many contributions to our nation throughout his long and impressive career,” Dr Douglas added. (CMC)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Carl Harper commented on Working to secure future
- daneale o'neale commented on UPDATED:Road fatality on Spring Garden
- Carl Harper commented on BWU conference: Employment act to be amended
- Tony Webster commented on Wall of Art
- Tony Webster commented on THE BIG PICTURE: Sacred and profane