No stopping holiday cheer(Picture by Nigel Browne.)
Fri, December 14, 2012 - 12:05 AM
Although things have been tight financially due to the economic downturn there are Barbadians who are making sure that their Christmas will not be dull and gloomy.
Carson Nurse is one of them. Every Christmas he decorates his Edey Village, Christ Church front lawn with lighted designs for the joy of his wife, Evelyn.
“My wife says she likes to see them. Plus, other people come sometimes and take pictures,” he told the WEEKEND NATION.
“I started the second week of November and I have been at it off and on,” he said. When he is finished, his son, a Barbados Light & Power employee, will make the connections. Nurse invited the WEEKEND NATION to return and see this year’s display once the switch is thrown. (CA)
Here, Nurse is arranging lights on this tree.
- Editor's Choice
- Carl Harper commented on WHAT MATTERS MOST: Behaviour is shaped by the majority
- Dale Harris commented on Two off to play in England
- Jack Husbands commented on Not afraid to flog!
- Jalisa Skeete commented on Barbados' supercentenarian Sisnett is dead
- Frank Husbands commented on Guyanese charged for entering Barbados illegally