Not good enough!
By Geralyn Edward, Business Editor | Fri, October 26, 2012 - 12:10 AM
Telecoms companies in Barbados need to get their act together or be stripped of their licences says noted economist Professor Avinash Persaud.
In a no-holds barred address to major players in the international business community, the economist charged that these companies’ failure to provide reliable and efficient broad band services could doom the offshore sector.
He called on Government to get so tough on the providers that their ability to operate should be threatened thereby forcing them to up their standard of Internet service.
Persaud was one of the featured speakers yesterday at the Barbados International Business Association’s (BIBA) two-day conference Creative Approaches For Global Expansion at Hilton Barbados.Please read the full story in today’s WEEKEND NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on Raunchy beach party
- Robert Goode commented on Akela’s golden legacy
- Robert Goode commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Ann Lewis commented on I CONFESS: Cheating ways made me a lonely man
- Don Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past