Not good enough!
By Geralyn Edward, Business Editor | Fri, October 26, 2012 - 12:10 AM
Telecoms companies in Barbados need to get their act together or be stripped of their licences says noted economist Professor Avinash Persaud.
In a no-holds barred address to major players in the international business community, the economist charged that these companies’ failure to provide reliable and efficient broad band services could doom the offshore sector.
He called on Government to get so tough on the providers that their ability to operate should be threatened thereby forcing them to up their standard of Internet service.
Persaud was one of the featured speakers yesterday at the Barbados International Business Association’s (BIBA) two-day conference Creative Approaches For Global Expansion at Hilton Barbados.Please read the full story in today’s WEEKEND NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Include farmers in Govt’s plans for industry
- Pan Wallie commented on Home cry
- Wayne Webster commented on Taxing lines at centres
- Dale Connell commented on THE 'NETTE EFFECT: Day my childhood came crashing down
- Glyne Griffith commented on Sealy: Focus on women