Not good enough!
By Geralyn Edward, Business Editor | Fri, October 26, 2012 - 12:10 AM
Telecoms companies in Barbados need to get their act together or be stripped of their licences says noted economist Professor Avinash Persaud.
In a no-holds barred address to major players in the international business community, the economist charged that these companies’ failure to provide reliable and efficient broad band services could doom the offshore sector.
He called on Government to get so tough on the providers that their ability to operate should be threatened thereby forcing them to up their standard of Internet service.
Persaud was one of the featured speakers yesterday at the Barbados International Business Association’s (BIBA) two-day conference Creative Approaches For Global Expansion at Hilton Barbados.Please read the full story in today’s WEEKEND NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Simon Templar commented on Bulgarian charged for cocaine
- Tony Webster commented on AWRIGHT DEN!: Well done, Harold
- Francis Blackman commented on Danger zone
- RANDY BRIDGEMAN commented on Key points: Clive Lloyd on Windies cricket
- Wayne Webster commented on Ebola test for 90 Nigerian students