Not the way!Combermere coach Roddy Estwick. (FP)
By RANDY BENNETT | Thu, August 29, 2013 - 12:08 AM
THE COACHES of Foundation and Nicholls Baking Combermere have expressed disappointment with the way in which they advanced to today’s Under-19 final at Kensington Oval starting at noon.
Combermere coach Roddy Estwick and Foundation’s Nhamo Winn aren’t pleased that their sides qualified for the final via a better net run rate (NRR) than their opponents after the rain completely wiped out their respective semi-final matches on Tuesday.
Defending champions Foundation were scheduled to oppose KFC Ellerslie at the Desmond Haynes Oval, while Combermere, last year’s losing finalists, were to meet Milo Lodge at Friendship.
Not a single ball was bowled in either match, but the two finalists progressed by virtue of having a superior net run rate, according to the rules of the Barbados Cricket Association (BCA) tournament.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- arlene Browne commented on LOOKA LEW: $3000 in feathers and beads
- elliot gibbs commented on Canadians on bail
- Tony Waterman commented on Sad farewell for Charmer
- Tony Waterman commented on Amputations ‘a case’ for reparation
- Snow Cone commented on Short in Barbados to work, not party