Nowhere to go
Tue, January 22, 2013 - 12:09 AM
EVICTION AND an uncertain future are staring a woman and her four children in the face as a battle between a landowner and the Urban Development Commission (UDC) rages behind the scenes.
The woman, who declined to be identified because she feared victimization, said ten years after UDC relocated the family to her Bank Hall, St Michael home in 2000, she learnt that the land rent was not being paid and the UDC was in debt to the landowner to the tune of $6 050.
The landlord now wants the UDC house off his land and the woman fears she could be out in the cold.
The shocking news was delivered to her last year (2012) by a court marshal in the form of an application for an “order of ejectment” against the UDC. (HLE)Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- wayne husbands commented on Mottley fails to meet PM
- RANDY BRIDGEMAN commented on EDITORIAL: Talk to the people, Mr Stuart
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on THE HOYOS FILE: The menacing mood of passive resistance
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on Moody’s: No growth
- Orson Arthur commented on ATM alert