NSC long runErskine King NSC's director of sports.
Fri, December 21, 2012 - 12:01 AM
Although restructuring of the National Sports Council (NSC) is on the cards, it is not a process that will occur overnight as the Government will have to sign off on any changes after discussion with the major stakeholders who are likely to be affected.
“The restructuring of the Sports Council has been in the plans for years,” NSC’s Director of Sports Erskine King told WEEKENDSPORT in a recent interview.
“The strategic plan has been accepted and sent to Cabinet, so it is a process. The restructuring will take place and the Sports Council Act will have to be looked at because they will have to make provisions for the restructuring.
“If it is going to take place, it has to be done in conformity with what a new act would say. The whole idea is to widen the scope of the National Sports Council because as it stands now, that scope isn’t there.Please read the full story in today’s WEEKEND NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on Raunchy beach party
- Robert Goode commented on Akela’s golden legacy
- Robert Goode commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Ann Lewis commented on I CONFESS: Cheating ways made me a lonely man
- Don Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past