NUPW: No statutory boardsNUPW general secretary Dennis Clarke. (FP)
Mon, November 19, 2012 - 12:06 AM
Not only is the National Union of Public Workers (NUPW) opposed to privatization that leads to job losses, but it is not supporting Government departments being transformed into statutory corporations either.
General secretary Dennis Clarke has made that clear.
“The statutory boards in the public service have not really worked . . . they too have their hiccups and records would show that workers working in statutory boards, they have been suffering as a result,” he said.
“In the public service you have a methodology as to how things should be done. In statutory boards things are done at the whims and fancy of whoever is in charge, and if you want to see it look at the Sanitation Service Authority where you have a manager acting for almost ten years and nothing has happened. A word to the wise is sufficient.” (DP)Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Carl Harper commented on Working to secure future
- daneale o'neale commented on UPDATED:Road fatality on Spring Garden
- Carl Harper commented on BWU conference: Employment act to be amended
- Tony Webster commented on Wall of Art
- Tony Webster commented on THE BIG PICTURE: Sacred and profane