Nurses to get picks
Sun, November 11, 2012 - 12:07 AM
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) will be appointing more than 100 nurses by early next year, says Minister of Health Donville Inniss.
“I am reliably advised that the QEH is about to appoint, as early as next month, 121 nurses to the offices. I wish to apologize for the delay, but I have tasked the board of the QEH to ensure that all nurses are appointed to the offices by the first quarter of next year,” he said.
Inniss was speaking yesterday at the renaming ceremony for the Eunice Gibson Polyclinic, formerly the Warrens Polyclinic, after the founder of the then Barbados Registered Nurses’ Association (BRNA), now the Barbados Nurses Association (BNA).
He said the renaming ceremony was part of the commitment to recognize nurses for their “outstanding” work in Barbados. (CA)Please read the full story in today’s SUNDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Free education’s potential gains now in jeopardy
- Jan Shak commented on Fatal slip
- Wayne Webster commented on His money is ‘in the sea’
- Orson Arthur commented on Samoa-bound
- Carl Harper commented on Fees ‘best option’