Nurses to get picks
Sun, November 11, 2012 - 12:07 AM
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) will be appointing more than 100 nurses by early next year, says Minister of Health Donville Inniss.
“I am reliably advised that the QEH is about to appoint, as early as next month, 121 nurses to the offices. I wish to apologize for the delay, but I have tasked the board of the QEH to ensure that all nurses are appointed to the offices by the first quarter of next year,” he said.
Inniss was speaking yesterday at the renaming ceremony for the Eunice Gibson Polyclinic, formerly the Warrens Polyclinic, after the founder of the then Barbados Registered Nurses’ Association (BRNA), now the Barbados Nurses Association (BNA).
He said the renaming ceremony was part of the commitment to recognize nurses for their “outstanding” work in Barbados. (CA)Please read the full story in today’s SUNDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mia Colucci commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Robert Goode commented on Ganja found in container at Port
- Bim Bum commented on Families fearful of losing homes
- Bim Bum commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Bim Bum commented on Family sent packing after 60 years