Obama once again
Wed, November 07, 2012 - 12:09 AM
At 12:18 a.m. local time today, CNN announced that Barack Obama had been re-elected president of the United States.
It was CNN’s projection from exit polls, crowned by Obama’s capture of the battleground Ohio from Mitt Romney, but it was good enough for Democratic supporters at election headquarters in Chicago.
The president all but claimed victory himself.
“This happened because of you,” he tweeted to supporters. “Thank you!”
Contrastingly, the mood at Romney’s headquarters was grim, supporters stunned that so many states had voted for Obama, and with Romney not readily prepared to concede defeat. (GE)Please read the full story in today’s MIDWEEK NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on Raunchy beach party
- Robert Goode commented on Akela’s golden legacy
- Robert Goode commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Ann Lewis commented on I CONFESS: Cheating ways made me a lonely man
- Don Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past