Obama once again
Wed, November 07, 2012 - 12:09 AM
At 12:18 a.m. local time today, CNN announced that Barack Obama had been re-elected president of the United States.
It was CNN’s projection from exit polls, crowned by Obama’s capture of the battleground Ohio from Mitt Romney, but it was good enough for Democratic supporters at election headquarters in Chicago.
The president all but claimed victory himself.
“This happened because of you,” he tweeted to supporters. “Thank you!”
Contrastingly, the mood at Romney’s headquarters was grim, supporters stunned that so many states had voted for Obama, and with Romney not readily prepared to concede defeat. (GE)Please read the full story in today’s MIDWEEK NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Pan Wallie commented on Money woes hurting Jack
- Pan Wallie commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Nigel Nicholls commented on Banks Calendar Girl Top 8 picked
- Tony Webster commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Wayne Webster commented on Ganja found in container at Port