Obama once again
Wed, November 07, 2012 - 12:09 AM
At 12:18 a.m. local time today, CNN announced that Barack Obama had been re-elected president of the United States.
It was CNN’s projection from exit polls, crowned by Obama’s capture of the battleground Ohio from Mitt Romney, but it was good enough for Democratic supporters at election headquarters in Chicago.
The president all but claimed victory himself.
“This happened because of you,” he tweeted to supporters. “Thank you!”
Contrastingly, the mood at Romney’s headquarters was grim, supporters stunned that so many states had voted for Obama, and with Romney not readily prepared to concede defeat. (GE)Please read the full story in today’s MIDWEEK NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- 3 charged
- Does Ebola travel ban make sense?
- Sports unity call
- Fight against the mosquito
- Most Recent Comments
- daneale o'neale commented on WICB: Let’s talk
- daneale o'neale commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell lover about old affair?
- Tony Webster commented on $174.6m still left
- Alvin Holder commented on Lloyd: India we are sorry
- Simon Templar commented on Governor expects growth next year