Off courseMINISTER OF INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS and International Transport George Hutson. (FP)
By CARLOS ATWELL | Mon, December 03, 2012 - 12:10 AM
MINISTER OF INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS and International Transport George Hutson says there’s no truth in an Internet report that Government and the group called United Against Nuclear Iran (UANI) have reached an agreement to end the “reflagging” of Iranian vessels in Barbados.
However, he admitted that Barbados had indeed deregistered all Iranian vessels under Barbados’ Flag.
He was responding to a Press release posted on several websites, including the UANI’s http://www.unitedagainstnucleariran.com.
It said UANI applauded Barbados for agreeing to stop putting Iranian vessels on its national register following a letter it addressed to Prime Minister Freundel Stuart and Chris Sawyer, principal registrar of the Barbados Maritime Ship Registry (BMSR) based at the Barbados High Commission to Britain.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on Raunchy beach party
- Robert Goode commented on Akela’s golden legacy
- Robert Goode commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Ann Lewis commented on I CONFESS: Cheating ways made me a lonely man
- Don Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past