Okay to invest
By GERALYN EDWARD, Business Editor | Mon, September 24, 2012 - 12:11 AM
INVESTMENT MONEY coming from Latin America should not be viewed with any more suspicion than wealth from North America, says a senior banker.
And according to Jerome Dwight, RBC Wealth Management’s managing director, many Latin American countries were producing many sophisticated and savvy entrepreneurs and companies which were looking for investment opportunities across the hemisphere.
Conceding that historically there had been a negative perception about south-based wealth, Dwight told the DAILY NATION in a recent interview: “I have been spending almost half my time in countries like Brazil and Mexico and I am off to Colombia next week.
“It is amazing the kind of sophistication and growth coming out of those countries.”Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Godfrey Bynoe commented on Not afraid to flog!
- Dionne Lashley commented on WHAT MATTERS MOST: Behaviour is shaped by the majority
- Orson Arthur commented on Guyanese charged for entering Barbados illegally
- Orson Arthur commented on House of horror
- Orson Arthur commented on Belle clear