Olympic chargeRyan Brathwaite (FP)
By Sherrylyn A. Toppin | Thu, July 12, 2012 - 12:03 AM
FORMER WORLD CHAMPION Ryan Brathwaite will lead the six-member Barbados team to the London 2012 Olympic Games from July 27 to August 13.
Brathwaite, 24, who won the men’s 110 metres hurdles at the 2009 World Championships in Berlin, Germany, will also carry the Barbados flag during the opening ceremony. This will be his second Olympic appearance, having reached the semi-finals four years ago in Beijing.
Joining him are 22-year-old Shane Brathwaite and 21-year-old Greggmar Swift, both of whom will be making their debut at this level.
Shane Brathwaite, a junior at Texas Tech, won the gold medal last week at the North America Central America and Caribbean (NACAC) Under-23 Championships in Mexico in a personal best 13.31 seconds, and Swift took the bronze in 13.54.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- 3 charged
- Does Ebola travel ban make sense?
- Sports unity call
- Fight against the mosquito
- Most Recent Comments
- Orson Arthur commented on Governor expects growth next year
- Adam Shaw commented on Upgrade upsets taximen
- Orson Arthur commented on $174.6m still left
- Wayne Webster commented on WICB: Let’s talk
- daneale o'neale commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell lover about old affair?