Wed, November 07, 2012 - 12:05 AM
There were not only sizzling spikes but also deft dinks and delicate digs in the ninth Sizzlin’ Sands Beach Volleyball at Brandons Beach last Saturday and Sunday.
But not even the sea water coming up the shoreline could stop Shari Matthews and Canadian partner Leila Pieper from reigning again as the undisputed queens.
They came from a set down to beat Canadians Karen Sutherland and Maxine James 18-21, 21-6, 15-13.
Elwyn Oxley and Gregory Gill are once again kings, reclaiming their crown with a 21-14, 21-15 straight sets win local boy Daran Gill and Jamaican Mark Lewis. (EZS)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on UPDATED: Barrack removes locks
- Lisha Clarke commented on Board probing bus video
- Leonard B commented on BEHIND THE HEADLINES: Canada still banking on the Caribbean
- D. Stoute commented on ‘Money in seaweed’
- Carl Harper commented on Moody’s rating ‘affects interest payments’