Online tax rushNeville Clarke. (FP)
By Mike King | Thu, March 22, 2012 - 12:10 AM
More than 10 000 Barbadians have already filed income tax returns, a record for this time of the year.
Yesterday, senior inspector in the Inland Revenue Department, Neville Clarke, told the DAILY NATION that more than 13 000 Barbadians had already filed online, several weeks ahead of the April 30 deadline.
“It could be the best ever for this time of the year. We are well on the way toward getting a substantial number of people to file early,” he said.
Clarke said that the increased volume was the result of the now smoother and faster computer access and the fear of filing late, which now carries a $500 penalty, up from $100.
Read the full story in today's DAILY NATION.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mia Colucci commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Robert Goode commented on Ganja found in container at Port
- Bim Bum commented on Families fearful of losing homes
- Bim Bum commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Bim Bum commented on Family sent packing after 60 years