Online tax rushNeville Clarke. (FP)
By Mike King | Thu, March 22, 2012 - 12:10 AM
More than 10 000 Barbadians have already filed income tax returns, a record for this time of the year.
Yesterday, senior inspector in the Inland Revenue Department, Neville Clarke, told the DAILY NATION that more than 13 000 Barbadians had already filed online, several weeks ahead of the April 30 deadline.
“It could be the best ever for this time of the year. We are well on the way toward getting a substantial number of people to file early,” he said.
Clarke said that the increased volume was the result of the now smoother and faster computer access and the fear of filing late, which now carries a $500 penalty, up from $100.
Read the full story in today's DAILY NATION.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Tony Webster commented on Barrack negotiations continuing
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Easing the burden of families hit by disaster
- Snow Cone commented on CBS ends deal with Rihanna
- daneale o'neale commented on ‘Insult to union’
- Tony Webster commented on We must travel!