Over to Sir Elliott(Nigel Browne)
Sat, June 02, 2012 - 12:05 AM
MUSIC AND CELEBRATION mingled with a dash of military discipline made for a tasteful and dignified installation of Barbados’ seventh Governor General Sir Elliott Fitzroy Belgrave yesterday evening.
The son of humble parents from Boscobel, St Peter, told Barbadians while neither his parents nor seven siblings were alive to witness the grand occasion, he was comforted by the presence of his wife Loretta and their daughter and grandchildren.
Here, Sir Elliott and Lady Belgrave crossing the Parliament yard, flanked by Chief of Staff of the Barbados Defence Force, Lieutenant Colonel Alvin Quintyne (left), and Commissioner of Police Darwin Dottin. Following them are Prime Minister Freundel Stuart and Chief Justice Marston Gibson. (RJ)
- Editor's Choice
- 3 charged
- Does Ebola travel ban make sense?
- Sports unity call
- Fight against the mosquito
- Most Recent Comments
- Orson Arthur commented on Governor expects growth next year
- Adam Shaw commented on Upgrade upsets taximen
- Orson Arthur commented on $174.6m still left
- Wayne Webster commented on WICB: Let’s talk
- daneale o'neale commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell lover about old affair?