Over to Sir Elliott(Nigel Browne)
Sat, June 02, 2012 - 12:05 AM
MUSIC AND CELEBRATION mingled with a dash of military discipline made for a tasteful and dignified installation of Barbados’ seventh Governor General Sir Elliott Fitzroy Belgrave yesterday evening.
The son of humble parents from Boscobel, St Peter, told Barbadians while neither his parents nor seven siblings were alive to witness the grand occasion, he was comforted by the presence of his wife Loretta and their daughter and grandchildren.
Here, Sir Elliott and Lady Belgrave crossing the Parliament yard, flanked by Chief of Staff of the Barbados Defence Force, Lieutenant Colonel Alvin Quintyne (left), and Commissioner of Police Darwin Dottin. Following them are Prime Minister Freundel Stuart and Chief Justice Marston Gibson. (RJ)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- arlene Browne commented on LOOKA LEW: $3000 in feathers and beads
- elliot gibbs commented on Canadians on bail
- Tony Waterman commented on Sad farewell for Charmer
- Tony Waterman commented on Amputations ‘a case’ for reparation
- Snow Cone commented on Short in Barbados to work, not party