Over to Sir Elliott(Nigel Browne)
Sat, June 02, 2012 - 12:05 AM
MUSIC AND CELEBRATION mingled with a dash of military discipline made for a tasteful and dignified installation of Barbados’ seventh Governor General Sir Elliott Fitzroy Belgrave yesterday evening.
The son of humble parents from Boscobel, St Peter, told Barbadians while neither his parents nor seven siblings were alive to witness the grand occasion, he was comforted by the presence of his wife Loretta and their daughter and grandchildren.
Here, Sir Elliott and Lady Belgrave crossing the Parliament yard, flanked by Chief of Staff of the Barbados Defence Force, Lieutenant Colonel Alvin Quintyne (left), and Commissioner of Police Darwin Dottin. Following them are Prime Minister Freundel Stuart and Chief Justice Marston Gibson. (RJ)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on Raunchy beach party
- Robert Goode commented on Akela’s golden legacy
- Robert Goode commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Ann Lewis commented on I CONFESS: Cheating ways made me a lonely man
- Don Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past