Patient shift at QEHMinister of Heath Donville Inniss (FP)
By YVETTE BEST | Thu, October 25, 2012 - 12:09 AM
THE QUEEN ELIZABETH HOSPITAL (QEH) is making beds available to patients who need them most.
This follows complaints from patients about not being admitted because of a shortage of beds and concerns by Minister of Heath Donville Inniss about elderly people left abandoned at the island’s primary health care facility.
Inniss warned that aggressive action would be taken on the “troubling phenomenon” during a service at St Paul’s Anglican Church to mark Senior Citizens Week, which was observed last month.
Yesterday Chief Medical Officer Dr Joy St John said the ministry had been transferring patients who need long-term care to district hospitals for the past two weeks, to allow people who need acute care to be accommodated. She said 22 patients had been transferred up to the end of last week.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice