Pedestrian overpass soonOfficials including Minister of Transport and Works John Boyce being updated while on tour today. (Nigel Browne)
Sat, November 17, 2012 - 6:45 PM
The first pedestrian overpass to be constructed in Barbados is one step closer to completion.
The foot bridge for the $2.4 million overpass stretching from the area by the Caribbean Broadcasting Corporation to the opposite side of the road by the Parkinson Memorial School is currently being installed this weekend by C.O. Williams Construction teams who are carrying out the project.
To facilitate that phase of the project, that section of the ABC Highway between the Emancipation Statue and the Polytechnic was closed from this morning, until tomorrow evening at 8 p.m. when it will be reopened.
Visiting the site today, to walk through and receive an update of the latest developments on the project was Minister of Transport and Works John Boyce. (AH)
Full story in tomorrow's SUNDAY SUN
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- wayne husbands commented on Mottley fails to meet PM
- RANDY BRIDGEMAN commented on EDITORIAL: Talk to the people, Mr Stuart
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on THE HOYOS FILE: The menacing mood of passive resistance
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on Moody’s: No growth
- Orson Arthur commented on ATM alert