Pedestrian overpass soonOfficials including Minister of Transport and Works John Boyce being updated while on tour today. (Nigel Browne)
Sat, November 17, 2012 - 6:45 PM
The first pedestrian overpass to be constructed in Barbados is one step closer to completion.
The foot bridge for the $2.4 million overpass stretching from the area by the Caribbean Broadcasting Corporation to the opposite side of the road by the Parkinson Memorial School is currently being installed this weekend by C.O. Williams Construction teams who are carrying out the project.
To facilitate that phase of the project, that section of the ABC Highway between the Emancipation Statue and the Polytechnic was closed from this morning, until tomorrow evening at 8 p.m. when it will be reopened.
Visiting the site today, to walk through and receive an update of the latest developments on the project was Minister of Transport and Works John Boyce. (AH)
Full story in tomorrow's SUNDAY SUN
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- arlene Browne commented on LOOKA LEW: $3000 in feathers and beads
- elliot gibbs commented on Canadians on bail
- Tony Waterman commented on Sad farewell for Charmer
- Tony Waterman commented on Amputations ‘a case’ for reparation
- Snow Cone commented on Short in Barbados to work, not party