Pine Hill late to pay again(Internet Image)
By Maria Bradshaw | Sun, October 14, 2012 - 12:09 AM
FOR THE second time in less than two months, the Pine Hill Dairy (PHD) has been unable to pay dairy farmers on time.
And while the farmers are sympathetic to the PHD, which recently found itself with 60 000 cases of unsold milk stored at its bond, the delay in payment has left many of them unsettled and fearful that the situation could get worse.
One concerned man told the SUNDAY SUN that farmers had received word from an official at PHD last week indicating they would not get their cheques, which were due last Monday, until this week.
“I could not afford to pay my staff, and it means that the other payment which is due on the 22nd may also be late too. So what are we going to do?”Please read the full story in today’s SUNDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- wayne husbands commented on Mottley fails to meet PM
- RANDY BRIDGEMAN commented on EDITORIAL: Talk to the people, Mr Stuart
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on THE HOYOS FILE: The menacing mood of passive resistance
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on Moody’s: No growth
- Orson Arthur commented on ATM alert