Plan of action for economy
Wed, July 10, 2013 - 6:56 PM
Nothing is off the table when it comes to adjustments which have to be made to close the $400 million deficit gap that the country faces.
With Government revenue falling and Government expenditure still unsustainably high, Governor of the Central Bank of Barbados Dr DeLisle Worrell said the social partnership was negotiating the plan of action that could include any number of actions to cut Government spending.
“The details of exactly how the adjustment will be implemented are being discusses as we speak to be determined in consultation with the social partners,” he told the media yesterday during his quarterly Press conference at the Tom Adams Financial Centre in The City. (GE)
Full reports in tomorrow's DAILY NATION
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mia Colucci commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Robert Goode commented on Ganja found in container at Port
- Bim Bum commented on Families fearful of losing homes
- Bim Bum commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Bim Bum commented on Family sent packing after 60 years