Plenty party for Dem
Tue, October 30, 2012 - 12:00 AM
There was something happening at Democratic Labour Party (DLP headquarters, George Street, Belleville, St Michael, on Tuesday night when the Dems got together to remember the late Prime Minister David Thompson on the second anniversary of his death.
Former Member of Parliament Maizie Barker-Welch was among the many DLP stalwarts and supporters who enjoyed the performances of ten-time Calypso Monarch Red Plastic Bag, who sang his popular 2009 hit Something's Happening.
Also gracing the stage on the night were the soulful Paula Hinds and former Junior Calypso Monarch Anita AC Charles.
One of the most captivating performances on the night was delivered by G-Syndicate, a youthful high-energy group led by Michael Mikey Mercer, the man who walked away this four crowns this year, including the Sweet Soca and Party Monarch won on the same night.
G-Syndicate, with the dynamic Derek Marshall at the forefront, impressed with their medley of gospel songs. If some thought they deserved an A, many felt that Colin Spencer deserved ten points for his two songs well rendered. (MK)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- RANDY BRIDGEMAN commented on Key points: Clive Lloyd on Windies cricket
- Wayne Webster commented on Ebola test for 90 Nigerian students
- Wayne Webster commented on ‘Do more’ for centenarians
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on Bulgarian charged for cocaine
- Wayne Webster commented on FIFIA officials to return watches