PM: Build regionPRIME MINISTER Freundel Stuart addressed the Permanent Council of the Organization of American States.
Thu, April 26, 2012 - 12:06 AM
PRIME MINISTER Freundel Stuart yesterday stressed the need to build and improve the policies and institutions that strengthen the foundations for sustainable development in the region.
Stuart, who was addressing the Permanent Council of the Organization of American States at its Washington, DC headquarters, also called on member states and the Permanent Council to “join this hemispheric challenge”.
An OAS statement said the Prime Minister reiterated his commitment to “safeguarding the ability of individuals to pursue their personal development, through the provision of essential education, health and other social services”.
“It is clear that our principal goal as leaders is to improve the quality of life of our people and to provide them with opportunities which will enable them to live prosperous, fulfilled lives, fully enjoying their rights and freedoms as citizens,” he said.
Read the full story in today's DAILY NATION.
- Editor's Choice
- Your Lamen commented on $60M loss
- Tanya Respect Forde commented on Rihanna, wins R&B artist, album
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: LIME’s $100m investment great news
- Judy Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I bail out because of disease?
- Frank Husbands commented on Credit unions must pull investments