Pointers for healthy diet(Picture by Nigel Browne.)
Wed, October 17, 2012 - 12:05 AM
As Barbadians observed World Food Day yesterday, schools and service groups around the island, held activities to acknowledge the day that highlights an international effort to defeat hunger.
At St Luke’s Primary, the focus was on raising student awareness to the benefits of eating healthy foods.
Over 50 dishes ranging from banana bakes to pumpkin fritters were viewed by pupils and parents.
Here, Class 1 pupils show their excitement over a dish of macaroni pie.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Lloyd Gulston commented on BTA SHIFT
- Lloyd Gulston commented on 70 acres scorched
- D. Stoute commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Jealousy made me break up marriage
- Lloyd Gulston commented on St Joseph folk cry out for water
- Orson Arthur commented on Danger lurks in the bush