Pointers for healthy diet(Picture by Nigel Browne.)
Wed, October 17, 2012 - 12:05 AM
As Barbadians observed World Food Day yesterday, schools and service groups around the island, held activities to acknowledge the day that highlights an international effort to defeat hunger.
At St Luke’s Primary, the focus was on raising student awareness to the benefits of eating healthy foods.
Over 50 dishes ranging from banana bakes to pumpkin fritters were viewed by pupils and parents.
Here, Class 1 pupils show their excitement over a dish of macaroni pie.
- Editor's Choice
- 3 charged
- Does Ebola travel ban make sense?
- Sports unity call
- Fight against the mosquito
- Most Recent Comments
- Orson Arthur commented on Governor expects growth next year
- Adam Shaw commented on Upgrade upsets taximen
- Orson Arthur commented on $174.6m still left
- Wayne Webster commented on WICB: Let’s talk
- daneale o'neale commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell lover about old affair?