Police investigating stabbing of two visitors
Wed, January 30, 2013 - 7:33 PM
Two British visitors received several stab wounds about their bodies after an intruder broke into their St Peter villa last Friday.
Police today confirmed that they were investigating the robbery and stabbing of British Professor Dr James Bridges, 72, and his wife Dr Olga Bridges, 62.
The two were attacked by a masked man after they arrived at a million-dollar villa at Sand Street, St Peter, to spend a two-week holiday.
The intruder got away with a bag containing all their cash and credit cards.
Police public relations officer Inspector David Welch said the wife was still hospitalized at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
Reports indicate that she sustained a ruptured diaphragm, ruptured spleen and a broken rib.
Full story in tomorrow's DAILY NATION
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Free education’s potential gains now in jeopardy
- Jan Shak commented on Fatal slip
- Wayne Webster commented on His money is ‘in the sea’
- Orson Arthur commented on Samoa-bound
- Carl Harper commented on Fees ‘best option’