Premier of Cayman ousted in no-confidence motion
Wed, December 19, 2012 - 5:00 PM
GEORGE TOWN, Cayman Islands - The embattled Premier of the Cayman Islands, McKeeva Bush was removed from office in a no-confidence vote by lawmakers in the Cayman Islands House of Assembly yesterday afternoon.
The legislators voted 11-3 in favour of a “no confidence” motion against the ruling government.
Bush abstained from voting on the motion.
According to the news website CayCompass.com - for the first time since the so-called 2001 government “coup d’état”, lawmakers have effectively removed the head of the current administration,.
However, it is not known whether the country would have a reconstituted government or if it would have to dissolve parliament and call for early elections. (CMC)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mia Colucci commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Robert Goode commented on Ganja found in container at Port
- Bim Bum commented on Families fearful of losing homes
- Bim Bum commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Bim Bum commented on Family sent packing after 60 years