Prince Philip still in hospital
Thu, August 16, 2012 - 8:01 AM
London (CNN) -- Britain's Prince Philip, the husband of Queen Elizabeth II, is "responding well" to hospital treatment for a recurrence of a bladder infection, Buckingham Palace said today.
It is unclear when he will be discharged, but he is likely to remain in the hospital for a few more days, the palace said.
The Duke of Edinburgh was admitted to the Aberdeen Royal Infirmary in Scotland yesterday afternoon "as a precautionary measure," the palace said.
The 91-year-old, who first suffered the problem in June, fell ill again as he was staying at the royal residence in Balmoral, Scotland, where the queen traditionally spends part of the summer.
It is the third time Philip has been admitted to a hospital in the past eight months.
Before the bladder infection, which he initially contracted during events marking the queen's diamond jubilee, he spent four nights in a hospital over the Christmas holiday last year for treatment of a blocked coronary artery.
However, he appeared in good form this week as he fulfilled several engagements on the Isle of Wight, off the south coast of England.
- Editor's Choice