Prove it!Raul Garcia (FP)
By Barry Alleyne | Sat, December 22, 2012 - 12:10 AM
The Government of Barbados needs to bring clear proof that Raul Garcia is a threat to national security, or could affect the public good if granted his freedom.
Otherwise, set him free until another country takes him in.
That claim was made by attorney and civil rights activist David Comissiong as the pre-decision phase of Garcia’s unlawful detention lawsuit ended in the No. 12 Supreme Court yesterday.
Justice Margaret Reifer reserved her decision on the matter and informed counsel she would provide written and oral decisions early next year.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition. Please read the full story in today’s SATURDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Dale M commented on Fines fuss
- Tony Webster commented on MONDAY MAN: On guard, by God’s grace
- Wayne Webster commented on Time to step up
- Pan Wallie commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: I love outside man, despite the blows
- Pan Wallie commented on Fire officers to get a hand