Pushing women’s cause
Wed, January 23, 2013 - 12:01 AM
SCORES OF MEN AND WOMEN wore another hat – and with an attitude – last Monday evening as they put their heads into the fight against addiction in women.
It all happened at the Choice Rehab Centre for Women’s Hattitude Party at Hilton Barbados.
Director of Choices, Angela Springer, said that the aim of the Hattitude Party was to raise funds for the centre to continue to operate the free counselling room for women who are involved in any form of addiction, including substance abuse and gambling.
Springer said the centre was opened five years ago, and currently functions with three professional counsellors who work on a voluntary basis. She said since no money is charged they are unable to open the centre on a daily basis, so the sessions are now done by appointment. (LK)Please read the full story in today’s MIDWEEK NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on Not fit for old woman
- Mac 10 commented on No to backpacks
- Tony Webster commented on Ebola workers slaughtered
- Wayne Webster commented on THE HOYOS FILE: Last gasps of the dying cartel
- Wayne Webster commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Wife points out past lovers