Pyramid Mall blackout
Mon, December 03, 2012 - 12:08 AM
IT WAS LIGHTS OUT for the second time in weeks for vendors of Pyramid Mall on Swan Street when power to the building was lost for most of Thursday.
As a result, several of the estimated 20 booths in the three-storey building were closed by midday. Hair salons were among the businesses affected.
“I packing up my things and leaving the mall and get my stuff somewhere else,” salon operator Ashley Cumberbatch told the DAILY NATION.
“People can’t take it any more. Some of my customers gone. There are people here whose hair is wet. Some I can’t start. Hers[a customer] can’t curl.” (GA)Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Adam Shaw commented on PM Stuart recovers in Canada
- Wayne Webster commented on Town Planner: It’s not our fault
- Sodi S commented on Fog’s ‘the cause’
- Tony Webster commented on THE ISSUE: IMF ‘help’ a given alternative
- Wayne Webster commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should we marry even though he hits me?