Queen StrippedClairmonte Grazettes (FP)
By Ricky Jordan | Sat, September 15, 2012 - 12:10 AM
A YOUNG BEAUTY QUEEN has been stripped of her title as police investigate the circulation of nude photographs of the queen via BlackBerry cellphones.
Producer of the annual Miss Teen Barbados pageant, Clairmonte Grazettes, said yesterday he had stripped the 17-year-old winner of the title after it was drawn to his attention that nude photographs of her were being circulated via the Internet, smartphones and other social network media.
He said not only had the appearance of such photographs affected the reputation of the pageant that had been staged here for 14 years under the banner of Grazettes’ agency Sparkles International, but it had broken Rule 10 of the Miss Teen Barbados contract which states, among other things, that “the winner of the pageant must, during her reign from the date of winning to the moment her successor is crowned, maintain high social and moral standards . . . .
“Failure to comply will result in the loss of crown, title and any prizes and privileges accorded. In such an event, the first runner-up will be pronounced the winner."Please read the full story in today’s SATURDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Your Lamen commented on $60M loss
- Tanya Respect Forde commented on Rihanna, wins R&B artist, album
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: LIME’s $100m investment great news
- Judy Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I bail out because of disease?
- Frank Husbands commented on Credit unions must pull investments