‘Reckless statements’MARSHALLING SUPPORT: Noel Lynch says Dale Marshall can be the No. 2 man if the BLP wins the election. (Picture by Sandy Pitt.)
Sun, February 10, 2013 - 12:17 AM
DALE MARSHALL can become the deputy Prime Minister if the Barbados Labour Party (BLP) wins the general election, Noel Lynch has said.
Lynch, a former minister of tourism, made his thoughts public last Thursday night during a BLP mass meeting at Lammings, St Joseph, where Marshall is the BLP’s candidate.
It was on that same platform much later that former Prime Minister Owen Arthur thanked Marshall for his support during the party’s internal conflict back in 2010. It was then that Mia Mottley was rejected as the Leader of the Opposition and Arthur installed.
A smiling Lynch said that with former Attorney General Marshall going into the general election as deputy leader, it was very possible he could become second in command in the event of a BLP victory. (AC/MB)Please read the full story in today’s SUNDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Olutoye WALROND commented on Stinging Rihanna
- Frank Husbands commented on Help held up by land dispute
- Tony Webster commented on Just squatters
- D. Stoute commented on EDITORIAL: Easing the burden of families hit by disaster
- Carl Harper commented on Medallist wants airport posters