Republic: $5 it is
By Geralyn Edward, Business Editor | Tue, November 20, 2012 - 12:06 AM
IT WILL BE $5 PER SHARE AND NOT A CENT MORE for investors in the former Barbados National Bank (BNB), now renamed Republic Bank Barbados.
This is the latest development in Republic Bank Limited’s attempt to grab 100 per cent control of the former state-owned BNB whose shares are valued at $5.50 on the Barbados Stock Exchange.
Some shareholders are unhappy with the offer from the Trinidad and Tobago-headquartered regional bank.
But Republic Bank, which also owns subsidiaries in Grenada and Guyana, has now made it clear that it regards $5 per share as a “premium price” despite being 50 cents less than the traded price.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on UPDATED: Barrack removes locks
- Lisha Clarke commented on Board probing bus video
- Leonard B commented on BEHIND THE HEADLINES: Canada still banking on the Caribbean
- D. Stoute commented on ‘Money in seaweed’
- Carl Harper commented on Moody’s rating ‘affects interest payments’