Residents ‘breathing fire’
Wed, March 27, 2013 - 12:09 AM
SOME RESIDENTS of Reece Road, St Thomas, are not happy about the way they were treated by emergency personnel responding to the fire at the nearby B’s Recycling metal dump.
George and Evelyn Hurley were speaking to the media yesterday during a tour led by Member of Parliament Cynthia Forde. They said no one had come to speak to them and tell them anything.
“No one came to check on us. We heard noises from the trucks, that is what alerted us,” said George.
His wife said she uses a mobile respirator due to years of breathing dust and smoke from B’s Recycling. She said they could not get any peace due to the work there, and the fire and subsequent smoke just made things worse. (CA)Please read the full story in today’s MIDWEEK NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Lloyd Gulston commented on Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Leif jensen commented on Tough lessons
- Harold Harris commented on Low spirits
- Lloyd Gulston commented on Festival needs ‘helping hand’
- Sodi S commented on 13 million snails put down