Residents ‘breathing fire’
Wed, March 27, 2013 - 12:09 AM
SOME RESIDENTS of Reece Road, St Thomas, are not happy about the way they were treated by emergency personnel responding to the fire at the nearby B’s Recycling metal dump.
George and Evelyn Hurley were speaking to the media yesterday during a tour led by Member of Parliament Cynthia Forde. They said no one had come to speak to them and tell them anything.
“No one came to check on us. We heard noises from the trucks, that is what alerted us,” said George.
His wife said she uses a mobile respirator due to years of breathing dust and smoke from B’s Recycling. She said they could not get any peace due to the work there, and the fire and subsequent smoke just made things worse. (CA)Please read the full story in today’s MIDWEEK NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- 3 charged
- Does Ebola travel ban make sense?
- Sports unity call
- Fight against the mosquito
- Most Recent Comments
- Orson Arthur commented on Governor expects growth next year
- Adam Shaw commented on Upgrade upsets taximen
- Orson Arthur commented on $174.6m still left
- Wayne Webster commented on WICB: Let’s talk
- daneale o'neale commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell lover about old affair?