Rihanna in court with Chris Brown

Rihanna in court with Chris Brown Singer Chris Brown, (l), appears in court with his attorney Mark Geragos for a probation revocation hearing. (AP)

Thu, February 07, 2013 - 1:15 PM

LOS ANGELES (AP) — With the woman he assaulted throwing him a kiss, Chris Brown walked into court yesterday to face allegations he failed to complete his community labour sentence for Rihanna's 2009 beating.

A judge asked for more information and scheduled another hearing in two months.

Rihanna, the glamorous singer whose bruised face became a tabloid fixture after she was beaten by her then-boyfriend on the way to the Grammys, has been dating Brown again.

She arrived with the R&B star, his mother and two other women and blew him a kiss as he entered the courtroom. They left together after the short proceeding in which Superior Court Judge James Brandlin set the next hearing for April 5.

Brown’s lawyer, Mark Geragos, said he was disturbed about the way the district attorney handled the matter and said he would be filing a motion opposing the prosecution's move to modify Brown’s fulfillment of his community labor sentence.

Prosecutors, who said they could find no credible evidence that Brown had completed his community labor in his home state of Virginia, asked that he start all over and put in 180 days in Los Angeles County.

Prosecutors have suggested there was either sloppy record keeping or fraudulent reporting.

Posted by Frank Husbands 1 year, 6 months ago
There is a lot of talk about abuse of women going around as its politically correct and even fashionable to talk about it being wrong to indulge in domestic violence.My question is "Isn't the act of making love in itself a violent act?" Doesn't raw passion at night bring soreness in the morning.

Posted by Sol Fish 1 year, 6 months ago
With women coming out against domestic abuse, and some men also, this relationship seems to go against logic, years ago I heard and old Mighty Sparrow song which is no longer played, "Cuff them Down, Black up their eyes,... they will love you long and love you strong, seems to be proving true in theory with some of these women today, we cant help but believe there was a modicum of truth that Sparrow knew about, that the rest of us was blind to, so too did Sigmund Freud, a patient made the statement, "My husband no longer loves me.", why Sigmund asked, her reply was, "he hasn't beaten me in over 2 weeks", but beware men, a woman should be treated with love and affection always, but alas some women tend to live outside the mold and seem accept violence and abuse as a form of true and everlasting love. but in the end as Sparrow said, "then they leave you eternally" can be open to interpretation where death can be the final destination of this form of abusive "love".

Posted by Leonard B 1 year, 6 months ago
@Frank Husbands: Goodness gracious man, smarten up and consider the message that you are sending to young people. With regards to your other point, I am a gentle (and satisfying!!) lover and have no idea of the morning problems that you described. I urge you to reconsider your methods! The change may be greatly welcomed by your partner(s). LB.

Posted by David Hall 1 year, 6 months ago
Live and learn!
Some people never learn!

Posted by MIKE LINDO 1 year, 6 months ago
Uh oh! To quote Yogi Berra,"It's déjà vu all over again"
This bears an eerie similarity to Whitney Houston appearing in court in support of Bobby Brown after he threatened to"beat her"during an argument at home.

Posted by Orson Arthur 1 year, 6 months ago
I just don't know what to say.
Sad Sad.

Posted by Samuel Shank 1 year, 6 months ago
She seems to want more licks. What a stupid girl.
It is a true saying that having money and fame don't give you common sense.

Posted by Cheese On 1 year, 6 months ago
Rihanna = Beauty & No Brain!

Posted by Mr Psychotic 1 year, 6 months ago
There is a song called "He Hit Me and It Felt Like a Kiss". Some of the lyrics go like this:
He hit me and it felt like a kiss
He hit me and I knew he loved me
If he didn't care for me,
I could have never made him mad
But he hit me and I was glad

Yes, he hit me and it felt like a kiss
He hit me and I knew I loved him
And then, he took me in his arms
With all the tenderness there is
And when he kissed me, he made me his.

Check it out on YouTube and it should put everything into perspective re: this affair.

Was Government right to postpone the arrival of Nigerian students in an effort to safeguard the country from Ebola?

This poll is yet to begin. Voting opens on 1408975683.

• August 23, 2014 - 2014 08 23