Ruk-A-Tuk playing its part
By Marlon Madden | Thu, December 27, 2012 - 12:05 AM
THE CULTURAL INDUSTRIES play a significant role in the development and sustenance of the island’s tourism product.
And from time to time a number of the hotels across the island invite different cultural groups and entertainers, including tuk bands, steel pan groups and singers to perform for their guests.
One of those groups that has been going around and performing at different hotels and tourist spots is Ruk-A-Tuk Inc. It has been performing for the past 17 years and has also represented the island on several occasions in Europe, throughout the region and the United States.
Director Wayne “Poonka” Willock told the DAILY NATION the group had to become more innovative over the years.
Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mia Colucci commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Robert Goode commented on Ganja found in container at Port
- Bim Bum commented on Families fearful of losing homes
- Bim Bum commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Bim Bum commented on Family sent packing after 60 years