Rush on for jobsDozens of applicants during the first day of the Cost U Less job fair at the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre, yesterday. (Picture by Nigel Browne.)
Tue, November 13, 2012 - 12:09 AM
HUNDREDS OF BARBADIANS flocked to the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre yesterday in an attempt to get a job with megastore Cost U Less.
The international franchise opened a three-day job fair on Monday in an effort to recruit over 100 people to fill available positions when the store opens early next year.
Vice-president of human resources, Kina Perez, said 800 people were expected on the first day of the recruitment, which began at 9 a.m. By 10:30 there were already over 300 applicants. Today and tomorrow the job fair opens at 10 a.m.
“So the reception is great. I was thinking that the first day we were going to end up with anywhere from 800 to 1 200 people and if we keep up we will end up with 800 for the day for sure. We believe the biggest push would be Monday [yesterday],” she said.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Adam Shaw commented on PM Stuart recovers in Canada
- Wayne Webster commented on Town Planner: It’s not our fault
- Sodi S commented on Fog’s ‘the cause’
- Tony Webster commented on THE ISSUE: IMF ‘help’ a given alternative
- Wayne Webster commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should we marry even though he hits me?