Ryan is NSC’s Sports Personality of the Year(FP)
Sat, December 29, 2012 - 6:45 PM
He’s done it again.
Ryan Brathwaite, Barbados’ golden boy, has once again been voted the National Sport Council’s Sports Personality of the Year.
Brathwaite, a former world champion hurdler, edged out West Indies cricketer Kemar Roach for the coveted title, to cop his second award in four years after also having won it previously in 2009.
He garnered his votes after an impressive Olympic showing, which saw him finish fifth in the final of the 110 metres hurdles at the 2012 London Olympics.
Here Brathwaite (left) is pictured during his final run, which was won by America’s Aries Merritt (second left). Jamaican Hansle Parchment (third left) finished third.
Full story in tomorrow's SUNDAY SUN
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mia Colucci commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Robert Goode commented on Ganja found in container at Port
- Bim Bum commented on Families fearful of losing homes
- Bim Bum commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Bim Bum commented on Family sent packing after 60 years