Sammy eyeing Bangladesh whitewash
Fri, November 30, 2012 - 12:01 AM
KHULNA – Boosted by a convincing Test series win, West Indies captain Darren Sammy now wants to whitewash Bangladesh in the five-match One-Day International series.
A 5-0 win, he says, will significantly enhance the Caribbean side’s standing in the ODI rankings and put them in touching distance of sixth ranked Pakistan.
“First of all, we want to win the series. If we accomplish the goal we are trying to achieve, 5-0 gives us five ranking points, 4-1 gives us one and 3-2 might lose us ranking points,” Sammy said yesterday, ahead of the first match at the Sheikh Abu Naser Stadium.
“I will let the guys know that to get maximum ranking points, we have got to win all five matches – but first we will look to win the series, which I think is possible if we play to our potential.
“We will take one thing at a time now, this is just the first game of a five-match series and we need to make sure we do the right things and give ourselves a good start to the series.”Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on Raunchy beach party
- Robert Goode commented on Akela’s golden legacy
- Robert Goode commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Ann Lewis commented on I CONFESS: Cheating ways made me a lonely man
- Don Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past