Schools ready to go
Tue, September 04, 2012 - 12:08 AM
THE OFFICIAL START of the Michaelmas term is exactly one week away and preparations have kicked into high gear.
Except for those schools where orientation was taking place, the compounds of the others were devoid of the chatter and footsteps of children, but principals and teachers were still on the job yesterday laying out plans for the year ahead.
Chief Education Officer Laurie King was in the thick of things at Alma Parris School, Speightstown, St Peter, as he met with teachers. The nature of that meeting remains unknown.
When quizzed about the first day of the planning week, King would say only that all schools were open and “will be ready to receive students on the tenth of September”.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Godfrey Bynoe commented on Not afraid to flog!
- Dionne Lashley commented on WHAT MATTERS MOST: Behaviour is shaped by the majority
- Orson Arthur commented on Guyanese charged for entering Barbados illegally
- Orson Arthur commented on House of horror
- Orson Arthur commented on Belle clear