Sealed with a kissLawrence and Baptiste kiss amidst celebrations from teammates after scoring his second goal. (Kenmore Bynoe)
Tue, November 27, 2012 - 12:00 AM
Striker Arantes Lawrence has his own way of celebrating goals in the LIME Pelican Challenge.
Every time he scores, the Akademiks forward races towards his girlfriend Antonia Baptiste seated in the front row of the Greenidge and Haynes Stand at Kensington Oval where she gives him a big hug followed by a kiss.
He did it after each of his four goals in the group stages and on Sunday night there was double delight when he scored Akademiks’ two goals in the semi-final victory against T.S Strikers.
“She has always been there for me – rain fall or sun shine. I’ve had six kisses and I’m looking to get more in the final,” Lawrence said.
- Editor's Choice
- Carl Harper commented on WHAT MATTERS MOST: Behaviour is shaped by the majority
- Dale Harris commented on Two off to play in England
- Jack Husbands commented on Not afraid to flog!
- Jalisa Skeete commented on Barbados' supercentenarian Sisnett is dead
- Frank Husbands commented on Guyanese charged for entering Barbados illegally