Sealy: Stadium promise aliveRichard Sealy: new stadium next DLP term.
Fri, June 15, 2012 - 12:00 AM
GOVERNMENT has not blown the whistle on its manifesto promise to build a stadium for football and other sports.
Minister of Tourism Richard Sealy made that clear last Sunday night as he watched Barbados’ most celebrated football team, Weymouth Wales, win the Digicel Premier League title at the Gall Hill Playing Field in St John.
“I remember very well when we were in Opposition, preparing ourselves to govern, and this issue of sport as a community and economic development tool (came up). I can even toss in the sports tourism fusion with its capacity to help our main economic sector, the common denominator in each of those cases, is to have proper facilities,” Sealy said.
“There is no question about it. You would definitely see some movement during the next [Democratic Labour Party] term in office when, hopefully, we start to see the economic situation improve.
Read the full story in today's WEEKEND NATION.
- Editor's Choice
- Carl Harper commented on WHAT MATTERS MOST: Behaviour is shaped by the majority
- Dale Harris commented on Two off to play in England
- Jack Husbands commented on Not afraid to flog!
- Jalisa Skeete commented on Barbados' supercentenarian Sisnett is dead
- Frank Husbands commented on Guyanese charged for entering Barbados illegally