Sealy:Winter season looking upMinister of Tourism Richard Sealy, giving an update on tourism earlier today. (Ricardo Leacock)
Wed, November 21, 2012 - 7:12 PM
Barbados' winter tourist season is expected to be much better than last year in terms of flights says Minister of Tourism Richard Sealy.
Giving Barbadians an update on the sector during a media conference at Ocean 2 hotel today, the minister said more flights were scheduled from the island’s main market, Britain, while growth in the North American markets via JetBlue, WestJet and Air Canada was expected to continue.
He added that having recently attended the World Travel Market (WTM), predictions for Barbados this winter were encouraging.
“On the basis of what our partners have been telling us, the winter will be an improvement on where it was last year. There were a number of very encouraging developments coming out of WTM,” Sealy said. (RJ)
Full story in tomorrow's DAILY NATION
- Editor's Choice
- Your Lamen commented on $60M loss
- Tanya Respect Forde commented on Rihanna, wins R&B artist, album
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: LIME’s $100m investment great news
- Judy Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I bail out because of disease?
- Frank Husbands commented on Credit unions must pull investments