Shiv-a me timbersShivnarine Chanderpaul celebrating his double century. ((AP Pictures))
Thu, November 15, 2012 - 12:09 AM
DHAKA – Shivnarine Chanderpaul equalled his career-best score and Denesh Ramdin hit his third Test hundred, as West Indies flourished on the second day of the opening cricket Test against Bangladesh yesterday.
The veteran left-hander carried his overnight 123 to an unbeaten 203 and was joined in the run feast by Ramdin who was 126 not out when West Indies declared their innings at 527 for four, 20 minutes before the scheduled tea interval at the Shere Bangla Stadium.
Exciting opener Tamim Iqbal then livened up proceedings with a better than run-a-ball 72 as Bangladesh made a daring reply to finish the day on 164 for three, still 363 runs in arrears.
Shahriar Nafees chipped in with a cameo 31 while Naeem Islam steadied the innings late in the day with a calm unbeaten 27. Pacer Ravi Rampaul has so far claimed two for 49. (CMC/EZS)Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on Raunchy beach party
- Robert Goode commented on Akela’s golden legacy
- Robert Goode commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Ann Lewis commented on I CONFESS: Cheating ways made me a lonely man
- Don Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past