Short ballKensington Oval (File Picture)
By HAYDN GILL | Fri, July 20, 2012 - 12:11 AM
THE Barbados Cricket Association (BCA) is owed more than $2.5 million by Kensington Development Corporation (KDC), a real estate company that leases the famed cricket ground.
The significant shortfall, however, is not affecting the island’s governing cricket body in its continued effort to administer the sport and develop its programmes.
The debt by KDC to the BCA dates back two years and stems from an agreed rental fee.
The information is to be found in the BCA’s 2011-2012 annual report – a copy of which was obtained by the WEEKEND NATION – which is to be received at the 78th annual general meeting next Thursday at the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre.Please read the full story in today’s WEEKEND NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Carl Harper commented on WHAT MATTERS MOST: Behaviour is shaped by the majority
- Dale Harris commented on Two off to play in England
- Jack Husbands commented on Not afraid to flog!
- En Dee commented on DLP’s ‘snubbing’ of Benn not smart, says Wickham
- David Hall commented on Fighting for Flow