Saturday, May 23, 2026

Sir Roy: Let down by LIME

Date:

Share post:

SIR ROY?TROTMAN?says he is disappointed that telecommunications giant LIME is?still to tender an apology to workers, four months after promising to do so.
In January, following a 12-hour meeting chaired by Prime Minister Freundel Stuart, Sir Roy, general secretary of the Barbados Workers’ Union (BWU), said the union had been disrespected on the matter that involved the sacking of 97 LIME workers and an apology would pave the way for smoother talks in the future.
He said he had expected the apology to be tendered by the end of February following discussions between LIME and the Prime Minister. He added the matter had been referred to the union’s new management structure in May.
“Cable &?Wireless [LIME] had signed off on the language of it, but the Prime Minister had said he had to see it himself. He looked at it, made a few adjustments, sent it back to them, who said that they agreed with it.”

Previous article
Next article

Related articles

Arsonist awaits fate

Next Friday is decision day for self-confessed arsonist Kimberly Shantelle Brathwaite. That’s when she will learn the punishment for...

DLP: Law too soft on money behind gangs

The Democratic Labour Party (DLP) says while it is backing Government’s proposed anti-gang legislation, the bill in its...

Alpha get first word on Day 1

Alpha Sharks Swim Club (ASSC) made the strongest statement on the opening day of the 34th annual Sonia O’Neal...

Franklyn slams NISSS portability plan

General secretary of Unity Workers Union (UWU) Caswell Franklyn is charging that the portability of national insurance benefits...