Sir Roy on a mission
Mon, February 11, 2013 - 12:09 AM
THE BARBADOS WORKERS’ UNION (BWU) is prepared to open the eyes of the next Government to what is happening to workers, its leader said yesterday.
Speaking at a union meeting at Solidarity House, general secretary Sir Roy Trotman said employers were turning their backs on what had kept the country stable for the last 20 years.
He said there seemed to be a digression from the past when bosses sat down with the unions, listened to their concerns and “tried to bring back balance”.
“We now have an employers’ confederation in Barbados that cannot seem to be able to tell employers that we have orders, we have rules, we have systems. And if we are going to maintain the equilibrium in our country, then the employers must abide by the rules,” Sir Roy said to loud applause. (YB)Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- june skeete commented on Parade celebration brings new touch to Oistins
- Bentley Beckles commented on Prison officer behind bars
- Mel B commented on UPDATED:Road fatality on Spring Garden
- albert adams commented on Robber nabbed
- Tony Webster commented on BWU conference: Employment act to be amended