Sir Roy on a mission
Mon, February 11, 2013 - 12:09 AM
THE BARBADOS WORKERS’ UNION (BWU) is prepared to open the eyes of the next Government to what is happening to workers, its leader said yesterday.
Speaking at a union meeting at Solidarity House, general secretary Sir Roy Trotman said employers were turning their backs on what had kept the country stable for the last 20 years.
He said there seemed to be a digression from the past when bosses sat down with the unions, listened to their concerns and “tried to bring back balance”.
“We now have an employers’ confederation in Barbados that cannot seem to be able to tell employers that we have orders, we have rules, we have systems. And if we are going to maintain the equilibrium in our country, then the employers must abide by the rules,” Sir Roy said to loud applause. (YB)Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sodi S commented on Six may go, LIAT closing departments
- Tony Webster commented on Cruise record
- Bentley Beckles commented on EDITORIAL: Include farmers in Govt’s plans for industry
- Carl Harper commented on Shane takes bronze
- Carl Harper commented on Sinckler sorry for BRA slip-up