Sir Roy’s callSir Roy Trotman. (FP)
By Maria Bradshaw | Sun, December 30, 2012 - 12:07 AM
The Barbados Workers’ Union (BWU) has called on Government to implement immediate initiatives which would stimulate business while improving Barbados’ image as a place in which to invest.
Speaking yesterday at a news conference at Solidarity House, BWU general secretary Sir Roy Trotman said the “stated policies” of the Freundel Stuart administration to deal with the economic crisis facing Barbados “are much too ‘iffy’ for our comfort”.
He was at the time speaking about the recent downgrade by the international credit rating agency Moody’s.
He said the downgrade was of major concern but added that “what we cannot afford to do is to close our minds and surrender our judgement to any of the self-seeking gurus who seem hell bent on twisting the evidence which is before us . . .”.Please read the full story in today’s SUNDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- D. Stoute commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Is not wanting children selfish?
- D. Stoute commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should we marry even though he hits me?
- D. Stoute commented on Fog’s ‘the cause’
- Dale M commented on Fines fuss
- Mia Colucci commented on Tight-lipped